by R.C. Ryan
The last thing in the world Zane McCord wants is a wife. But after returning home to the family ranch in Montana to help his cousins search for the lost treasure that is their legacy, Zane can't help notice that love and marriage seem to be contagious. Both his cousins have succumbed, but he refuses. Determined to stay a bachelor till he dies, Zane wants to devote his time to filming documentaries and taking care of the ranch...and then Riley Mason walks into his life.
The last thing on Riley Mason's mind is romance. Sent to the McCord ranch to save the family's accounting problems, she only wants to impress her firm in Helena and be on her way. Life as a single mother isn't easy and she needs to impress her bosses for a raise. But when Zane McCord opens the door, her breath catches in her throat and a desire she's never experienced before takes over her. When the McCords insist that she and her daughter, Summer stay at the ranch, she's forced to give in and before long, she's pulled into their search for the long lost treasure. But she absolutely draws the line at getting involved with Zane McCord, playboy and heartbreaker extraordinaire.
But as they all get closer to finding Coot's lost treasure, a dangerous series of accidents target Riley and her daughter Summer. Can Zane keep her safe while trying to win her heart?
Thanks to Hachette books, I have 3 copies of this book to give away! There are a few ways to enter:
Five Fun Facts
1. As a girl I used to love reading my father's old Westerns. His favorite author was Zane Grey. No surprise, then, that I had to name a character Zane.
2. In my original plan, Riley's child was going to be a boy. I could envision these three tough cowboys having lots of fun with a miniature wrangler. But then I realized how much more fun I could have watching the interplay between three tough cowboys and a little girl who had never set foot on a ranch before. That's how Summer was born in my imagination.
3. Don't you just love when characters take on a life of their own and lead us along paths we never expected? This is what happened with Cal Randall, ranch foreman. I thought I knew everything there was to know about him. After all, I created this life-long friend of Coot McCoy. But single-mother Riley's presence on the ranch taught me some things about Cal that I hadn't known. Midway through this story, I realized why Cal had such empathy for Riley.
4. I had always planned on having a sweet, gentle love story develop between Cal and Cora throughout the series. But again, Riley was the catalyst that made their story even sweeter. I actually cried when they finally realized what the rest of their family had known for such a long time.
5. I love the idea of searching for lost treasure. I know that my readers want answers to the quest that has teased and taunted this family for generations. But I also believe, as Zane declares, that the only real treasure is family. I hope my readers will let me know if they're satisfied with the ending in this third and final book in the series.
1. Be a follower of my blog - just let me know how.
2. Follow me on twitter (@kherbrand) and tweet or use tweet button below.
3. Comment on a non-giveaway post and let me know.
All entries can be left in one comment, but please be sure and leave your email address! Giveaway open to US/Canada only - no PO Boxes. This giveaway will end on Nov 28, 2010. Winners will have 48 hours to respond. Any unclaimed books will be given away on twitter. Winners will be subject to the one copy per household rule, which means that if they win the same title in two or more contests, they will receive only one copy of the title.
Publisher/Publication Date: Grand Central Publishing, Nov 1, 2010