Third Sentence Thursday is hosted by Proud Book Nerd - visit her site to see all the other entries!
- Take the book you are currently reading, open it to a random page. Count three lines down and post it – it doesn’t even have to be a full sentence or anything. Just whatever’s on the third line. Feel free to share more (or a full sentence or two or three) if you’d prefer.
- Share your thoughts on the sentence (or sentences).
- Add a link to your blog post at Proud Book Nerd in the linky list.
- Visit one or two of the other blogs to check out their third sentence(s).
the poor stinking Toby. He already had enough problems that (p75)
- Actually you get a lot of the meaning from that snippet - but the full two sentences look like this:
I remember trying to pull my nostrils together using just my face muscles -- rather than my hands -- so as not to tip off the poor stinking Toby. He already had enough problems that he didn't need the girl sitting next to him holding her nose on top of it all.
Now I don't know about you, but when you were in fourth grade, would you have been sensitive enough to not add to someone else's problems? I am not sure that I wasn't still in my egocentric world and wouldn't have held my nose and scooted as far away as possible!