8:15 am Well, I am off to a late start for the readathon - tossed and turned for about 2 hours last night between 3:30 and 5:30 am. Finally fell asleep only to have my daughter's alarm wake me - then back to sleep. I figured I needed to sleep in a little bit this morning or I would be wiped really early. I am going to go finish Titanic 2012! Happy reading everyone!
So for some introductions -
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Northern Illinois
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Bloom
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Popcorn or Cadbury Creme Eggs (lol)
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I have been reading about 43 years (or so my mom tells me) I have 3 kids -- all of which are going to be otherwise occupied by about noon today, so that I can be free to read. I also am a fairly new grandma - my granddaughter is 5 1/2 months old -- you will probably hear more about her in the coming weeks. I work as a library aide at my son's school- and I absolutely love it!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I think this is my 3rd or 4th readathon and I haven't stumbled on to anything I like particularly well yet. I haven't decided if I am going to try the mini challenges or just read, depends on how I feel. I think I will probably just continue to update this post for a few hours - then start a new one, rather than have a whole ton of little update posts though.