I will start with the wrap up for the 24 hour-readathon - since the books I read during it also counted for the Spring into Horror Read-a-thon. When I went up to bed last night, after my 2 hour cat nap, I ended up reading for about another hour - which took me almost to hour 21. I think that is the latest that I have read. I finished up at about 570 pages for the day and read The Last Telegram by Liz Trenow and 1/2 of Love Water Memory by Jennie Shortridge.
- Which hour was most daunting for you? I would say hour 16 as that was when I fell asleep!
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Chosen Ones and Naturals by Tiffany Truitt
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope - it is always well run with lots of high energy!
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The form to list the books read - posts were timely every hour - mini challenges were a lot of fun!
- How many books did you read? 1 and 1/2
- What were the names of the books you read? The Last Telegram by Liz Trenow and Love Water Memory by Jennie Shortridge
- Which book did you enjoy most? The Last Telegram
- Which did you enjoy least? Love Water Memory
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? No - they did great!
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will definitely participate again, but until my kids are more self sufficient, will only participate as a reader.
Okay - now for my wrap up of the Spring into Horror Readathon which started last Monday.
I read 4 books and parts of 3 others.
1. When Summer Comes by Brenda Novak
2. Naturals by Tiffany Truitt (this is my one 'horror'/dystopian book)
3. The Last Telegram by Liz Trenow
4. Love Water Memory by Jennie Shortridge
1. The Spark by Kristin Barnett
2. (started) Wind Chime Point by Sherryl Woods
3. (finished) From the Kitchen of Half Truth by Maria Goodin
Total pages - about 1750 for the week.