About the book: Ally Giordano’s beloved grandmother actually believes that she's living in her favorite romance novel in Regency England and Ally doesn't have the heart to set her straight. But now Granny Donny's last wish is for a retreat to the country and Ally can't refuse her...until she demands that Sam Carson accompany them. And though his smiles turn her knees into jelly, Ally knows better than to trust a playboy...and she definitely knows better than to try to change one. Or does she? (Hachette)
1. Because Granny Donny thinks she’s living in a regency romance novel, I had to research modern-day horse-and-carriages in New York City. I spent a whole day riding with Daisy, a sweet black Percheron with a thing for carrots.
2. I needed a modern-day equivalent of sword fighting so the men could show their honor and courage. Naturally, I chose soccer. I wrote each soccer scene as if it was an old-fashioned fight to the death.
3. The sub-plot of the carriage driver Mateo was based on a true story. I won’t tell the story here (no spoilers!), but when you read Rogue you might recognize it.
4. In a former life, I used to work in advertising in New York City. We sometimes had low-budget clients, and we had to bend all sorts of rules to “get the shot.” The story of the carriage crossing the Brooklyn Bridge is based on one of those shoots gone terribly wrong.
5. The scene of waltzing at midnight in Central Park is also based on a true story, except that I wasn’t one of the brave souls dancing. I was in a cab, driving through the park. The cab driver was so impressed, he pulled over and we watched. It was a sight (and sound) I swore I’d never forget.
- Five copies to giveaway.
- Open only to U.S. and Canada.
- No PO Boxes
- All entries can be in one comment.
- +1 Must leave email address in comment.
- +2 if you are a new or old follower - but please let me know.
- +3 if you post this on any social network - (limit of 6 entries for this one - so you can post it as many places as you would like, but only 2 will count). If you post on Twitter - please use @kherbrand.
- +3 for referrals of NEW followers - if you already follow, you will not get entries for saying someone referred you - you can however get entries for referring new people...
- Giveaway ends on Sept 4th.