by R.C. Ryan
She was the one person who shook Jesse McCord's quiet determination. She was the only one he ever let in, body and soul. Then suddenly Amy Parrish was gone and the oldest McCord cousin devoted his life to the family ranch. Now Amy is back, offering help to Jesse find the McCord gold. Yet Jesse's not about to give her a second chance, and he hopes his pride will protect him from her irresistible charms. But under the wide prairie skies a dangerous, unseen enemy is fast closing in, threatening Amy and Jesse's very lives and the promise of their ...
The Lost, an anthology of stories by J.D. Robb, Mary Blayney, Patricia Gaffney, and R.C. Ryan writing as Ruth Ryan Langan was published in Fall 2009. Ms. Ryan’s story, “The Legacy,” is an exciting tale of intrigue and other-worldly adventure.
In a career spanning more than twenty years, Ms. Ryan has given dozens of radio, television, and print interviews across the country and Canada, and has been quoted in such diverse publications as the Wall Street Journal and Cosmopolitan. She has also appeared on CNN News, as well as Good Morning America.
Friend R.C. Ryan on Facebook.
Five Fun Facts:
1. The names of all three cousins in this series are famous Western names that I've always loved: Jesse (James), Wyatt (Earp), and Zane (Grey).
2. There really was a gold strike in 1862 Montana at Grasshopper Creek. I doubt the nuggets were as big as a man's fist or thumb, but why not dream big? I love the idea of a treasure lost for a century or more, leading a family into the treasure hunt.
3. In Montana Legacy, part of the fun of reading is that Jesse McCord and Amy Parrish were childhood sweethearts, separated by circumstances. I think everybody can recall their first big love. A few very lucky people actually reconnect with that first love and make it work. Oh, I'm one of them. Very happily married to the guy I met in first grade.
4. Montana is one of my favorite locations in which to set a series because it has such an ever-changing landscape. In that single state, you can find plains, hills, mountains, waterfalls, and four distinct seasons, each of which is simply more spectacular than the last, and I purposefully tried to use all of them in this series.
5. I'm not certain this story could work anywhere else but in the rough, rugged west. Though Jesse tries to be politically correct, there's just something in his genes that has him breaking a lot of rules. I find readers are much more willing to give a pass to a cowboy. Don't you agree? But maybe I'm prejudiced, since Jesse was inspired by my husband—a blunt, plain-spoken rule-breaker. A warrior who would risk his life for the people he loves. And for all his rough edges, he's the most loving, tender-hearted man I know.
I have five copies of this paperback book to giveaway courtesy of Hachette Books. For your first entry (MUST DO THIS ONE FOR ANY OTHER ENTRIES TO COUNT) What's a "western sounding" name that you like - be creative! Oh - and leave your email address.
For additional entries you can sign up to follow (old followers let me know), Twitter or post it on your blog. Each entry must have it's own comment. (Four entries total.)
Thoughts in Progress Feature, Giveaway, Guest Post 3/22/2010
Maria's Space Feature, Review, Giveaway 3/22/2010
This, That and the Other Thing Review 3/22/2010
Zesty Nachos Review, Giveaway 3/22/2010
Just Another New Blog Giveaway 3/22/2010
Chaotic Book Obsession Review, Giveaway, Q&A 3/23/2010
My Book Addiction and More Feature, Review, Giveaway 3/24/2010
Foolish Wisdom Review, Giveaway, Q&A 3/24/2010
My Guilty Pleasures Review, Giveaway 3/25/2010
Cheryl's BookNook Review, Giveaway 3/25/2010
Just Short of Crazy Review, Giveaway 3/28/2010
Books and Needlepoint Feature, Review, Giveaway 3/28/2010
Savey Spender Review, Giveaway 3/29/2010
Taking Time for Mommy Review, Giveaway 3/29/2010
My Reading Addiction Feature, Giveaway 3/31/2010
Broken Teepee Review, Giveaway 4/1/2010
Marta's Meanderings Feature, Review 4/1/2010
Carol's Notebook Review, Giveaway 4/1/2010
The Book Tree Feature, Giveaway 4/1/2010
Starting Fresh Review, Giveaway 4/2/2010
Renee's Reads Review, Giveaway 4/2/2010
Simply Stacie Review, Giveaway 4/2/2010