by R.C. Ryan
From the Publisher: They're the McCords...three rugged, sexy cowboy cousins who'll inherit the family range--if they seek the treasure hidden on it. But even more precious are the women who can tame their wild hearts...
Emergency medic Marilee Trainor likes her freedom and lives for trouble. But when she stumbles upon a clue to the legendary McCord gold, she 's suddenly in a mysterious killer's sights--and the arms of irresistible playboy Wyatt McCord. This McCord cousin has been everywhere, yet the ranch is the only place he feels at home. Now Marilee's courage and independence make him want to protect her, win her heart, and finally settle down. But trust is the one thing Wyatt and Marilee can't easily give. And their survival and everything they cherish depends on whether they can surrender to each other--to fight for their...
In a career spanning more than twenty years, Ms. Ryan has given dozens of radio, television, and print interviews across the country and Canada, and has been quoted in such diverse publications as the Wall Street Journal and Cosmopolitan. She has also appeared on CNN News, as well as Good Morning America.
FIVE FUN FACTS:
1) I admire risk-takers: people who, despite all the odds, make a leap of faith and go for the gold. That's why I had such fun with both Wyatt McCord and Marilee Trainor. These two are perfectly suited.
2) I was intrigued with the idea of a world-traveler coming back to his roots on a Montana ranch and contending with the small-town life he knew when he was a kid. In this series we see the pros and cons of life in a small town. Everyone knows everyone else's business. People can be labeled in their early years, positively or negatively, and can spend a lifetime trying to shake that label. Wyatt McCord, the eternal surfer, is seen as nothing more than a shallow heart-throb. A wanderer who will soon tire of life in a small town and move on to more exciting adventures, as did his parents. But Wyatt refuses to be labeled. A man comfortable in his own skin, Wyatt has already sampled what the world beyond this town has to offer, and knows that this place of his childhood will always own his heart.
3) When I began this story, I had no hint of Marilee's past before she arrived in Gold Fever. Little by little, as she revealed herself to Wyatt, I discovered a multi-layered personality that I found fascinating. I realized that she needed closure in her war with her father, a war she didn’t even realize she was still fighting. Like so many people whose family members have passed on before old issues can be finalized, remnants of pain lingers and festers. Her relationship with her father colored all her decisions, and almost prevented her from opening herself up to all the possibilities of love.
4) I love the name Wyatt. It speaks to me of the old West and straight-shooting Marshal Wyatt Earp in Tombstone Territory.
5) Every time I wrote Marilee I thought: "we roll along, roll along, roll along..." Sorry. Couldn't resist. But her name IS musical, and that's such a familiar childhood song.
I am currently enjoying this book very much! If my week ever settles down I hope to be able to finish it and give you a good review. This has been a fun series to read so far.
I have 5 books to giveaway courtesy of Hachette Books.
Eligibility: U.S./Canada - no PO boxes.
Mandatory Entry: +1 Given the choice, are you struck with wanderlust and hope to be a world traveler? Or would you rather have a quiet life with deep roots and lots of friends and family around? Please leave your email address with your comment.
Additional Entries (all entries must have their own comment(s). +2 Follow me on Google Friend Connect. +2 Follow me on twitter and tweet - please leave me the link or use @kherbrand in the tweet. +1 for daily tweets after the first one.
This giveaway will end on June 2.