What are you reading on Mondays? is hosted by J. Kaye at J. Kaye's Book Blog. This is my first time doing this event, even though I think about it every Monday! I have decided it is time to start giving a little more effort to some of my posts! If you would like to participate, please leave your link with Mr. Linky at J.Kaye's blog - but you can also leave me a comment - I would love to know what you are reading!
I am still reading some of the same books as last week. I can't seem to get through 31 Hours, A Highlander's Temptation or Stretch Marks. I did give up on Ginger High - it was just too confusing for me. Since I haven't been in the car much - my audiobook How I Live Now is still unfinished. I will say though that I had (still have) a terrible sinus infection last week and battled a headache off and on all week so I didn't read as much as I usually do. I did add some new books to the ones I was reading though (no wonder I can't seem to finish any of them!)
Okay - new books this week:
- Night of Flames: A Novel of World War II by Douglas Jacobson - I am really enjoying this book and should finish it pretty quickly. I will also be having an interview with the author this week so watch for it!
- Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer - This is a YA book that I saw on someone else's blog - sorry, I am not very good about keeping track of where I found books. This is my bathroom read - Does anyone else have bathroom reads? Anyway, it is a really good book and I have been telling my daughter about it. Neither one of my daughters are big readers - but I keep hoping!
Books I am going to be starting this week:
- Messages to Myself: Overcoming a Distorted Self-Image by Helen B. Mcintosh
- Pendragon's Banner: Book Two of the Pendragon's Banner Trilogy by Helen Hollick
- Family Plots: Love, Death & Tax Evasion by Mary Patrick Kavanaugh - I may be having a guest post by this author this week also.
- Mom Needs Chocolate: Hugs, Humor and Hope for Surviving Motherhood by Debora Coty
- Hot and Irresistible by Dianne Castell - Another guest post may be happening with this author this week.
- Jesse's Girl by Gary Morgenstein - May be having a guest post by Gary also.
Books that I finished last week:
- The Evolution of Shadows by Jason Quinn Malott - This was a really good book! You can click on the title to see my review and interview with the author.
- Saint John of the Five Boroughs by Edward Falco - Another good book - review should be posted this week.
- Last Breath by Brandilyn Collins and Amberly Collins - Second book in The Rayne Tour series - Very quick read - review should be posted this week.
Okay - I've told you mine, now you tell me yours!