Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about the read-a-thon…
Are you planning on participating in the upcoming 24 Hour Read-a-thon (either as a reader or cheerleader)? Have you made any preparations for the event? And, veterans out there, any tips you’d like to share with the newbies?
Musing Mondays is hosted by Rebecca at Just One More Page. To participate please visit her blog and leave your link! (You are also welcome to leave your link for me too!)
I am absolutely planning on participating in the 24 Hour Read-a-thon. I have been delaying my post about the event just due to time - but thought this would be as good a place as any to post about it. This will be my second read-a-thon and it is going to be more difficult than the first one. All 3 of my kids will be around this weekend (ages 17, 15 and 4) and they have all been advised as to what is going on. Thankfully my husband is on board with me doing this and is always a big help trying to keep the little one entertained.
On Saturday my little boy does have a Halloween Party to go to for a few hours in the afternoon - so that will get him out of the house for awhile. We are all planning to go visit a Haunted House that night though, so this will cut into my reading time. I am sure that I will be ready for a break by then though!
I have no great tips - but I know I plan on keeping better "stats" on my reading times/pages than I did in the Spring. I will probably not spend as much time trying to do the mini-challenges on line as I really need to use this time to try to get caught up on my reading.
As for some of the books I am considering, in no particular order:
- St. John of Five Boroughs by Edward Falco
- Walk the Talk by Danae Dobson
- Messages to Myself by Dr. Helen McIntosh
- Night of Flames by Douglas Jacobson
- Pendragon's Banner by Helen Hollick
- Mom Needs Chocolate by Debora Coty
- Last Breath by Brandilynn and Amberly Collins
- Hot and Irresistible by Dianne Castell
- Jesse's Girl by Gary Morgenstein
- The Wildest Heart by Rosemary Rogers
- The Trials of the Honorable F. Darcy by Sara Angelini
- Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick